What, Where, When, Who and Why...
- About 4/6 hours of sailing time per day depending on wind and sea conditions
- Teams of 2 or 3 Adventurists per Pirogue
- Two days to learn the art of Lateen rigged sailing
- Four days to get to the finish line in whatever conditions Neptune throws at you.
- Tactical use of the morning Varatas(Easterly) and afternoon Thelio(Wesrely) winds.
- Madagascar is a huge island of the East coast of Africa. We will be exploring the Nosy Be archipelago in the North West of Madagascar.
- The first Race will be held from 4 to 11 June 2017 Due to popular demand we have added 3 more boats into the fleet, hence 9 more spots available....!!!
SPECIAL ON NOW !!!!!!!
- NORMAL PRICE : R 25 000 $ 2 000 € 1 800 £ 1 400
SPECIAL NOW ON !!!!!!! Only 3 spots up for grabs.....
- SPECIAL PRICE : R 15 000 $ 1 200 € 1 100 £ 900. HURRY....... first come first serve (for June Challenge only)
THREE SPOTS UP FOR GRABS AT COST (CALL NOW, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)
PIROGUE CHALLENGE OCTOBER 2017 ENTRIES OPEN
- Followed by the official race in 1 - 8 October 2017. Entries are now open (This date is subject to change).
- Pirogue Challenge Madagascar October 2017 will be full on, prepare yourselves, 10 boats in the fleet to do battle against each other....... WAWA
"Dare To Be Different" - Our Moto!!!!!! Also....... We get shit done...
One does not need any sailing experience to apply.....but it helps. It also helps if :
- You've seen a compass before and know what a GPS is.
- You can tie knots with one hand while you are holding on with the other
- You can sit on a wet plank for hours getting sprayed by warm Indian Ocean sea water and Enjoy it.
- Why the hell not !!!!!